Ng Ding Quan
|Tel||886-4-2332-3000 ext. 4836|
|On-campus service||3B Class tutor；學術與國際發展委員會召集人|
|Job title||Assistant Professor|
Date of Birth: May 23, 1984
Place of Birth: Singapore
Religion: Free Thinker
Marital Status: Single
Objective: To find solutions in controlling emerging contaminants in drinking water
Research Interest: aquatic chemistry, water quality, public health, corrosion inhibition, galvanic corrosion, emerging contaminants
Research: ICP-OES/MS, ASV, IC, SEM/EDX, XPS, XRD, BET, TOC, FTIR, UV-Vis, XANES, XRF
Software: MINEQL, Visual MINTEQ
Assistant Professor, Department of Environmental Engineering and Management, Chaoyang University of Technology (Aug 2016 – Present)
Promote teaching in English at a professional level in a non-English environment.
Research focuses on lead contamination in drinking water distribution systems.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Graduate Institute of Environmental Engineering, National Taiwan University (Oct 2015 – July 2016)
Control of lead leaching from lead-containing corrosion products and plumbing materials into drinking water with phosphate corrosion inhibitors.
Supervisor: A/P Yi-Pin Lin
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Agricultural Chemistry, National Taiwan University (Sept 2014 – Sept 2015)
Control of lead release and biological toxicity assessment of nano-sized lead corrosion products in water distribution network
Supervisor: A/P Pei-Jen Chen
Project Engineer (Intern), Agricultural Tractors Spares Pte Ltd (May 2009 – July 2009)
Manage landscaping projects in public schools.
Prepare a proposal for operation of a country club.
Liaise with contractors in a green building project (vertical greenery).
HSE Trainee (Intern), TOTAL Petrochemicals SEA Pte Ltd (Dec 2006 – July 2007)
Perform hazardous waste management through liaising with external collectors.
Manage and promote 3R programme.
Conduct routine safety checks on emergency equipment and safety briefing.
Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Engineering (Aug 2009 – Mar 2014)
National University of Singapore (NUS) (CAP 4.5/5.0)
Thesis: Investigation of the influence of water parameters on galvanic corrosion of lead and the role of orthophosphate in inhibition of lead release in drinking water distribution system
Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering (Aug 2005 – May 2009)
National University of Singapore (NUS) 2nd upper honors (CAP 4.2/5.0)
Undergraduate Research Projects:
- Undergraduate Research Opportunity Programme (Feb 2007 – Feb 2008): Characterization of urban runoff in industrial area.
- Honors Project (Aug 2008 – April 2009):
Investigation on Integrated UV Disinfection Systems – Synergistic Inactivation.
- Ding-Quan Ng, Yao Chu, Shih-Wei Tan, Shan-Li Wang, Yi-Pin Lin, Chia-Hung, Chu, Yun-Liang Soo, Song Yen-Fang, Pei-Jen Chen. In vivo evidence of intestinal lead dissolution from lead dioxide (PbO2) particles and resulting bioaccumulation and toxicity (Submitted to Nanotoxicology on 6 Oct, 2017)*
- Ping-I Chou, Ding-Quan Ng, I-Chia Li, Yi-Pin Lin. Effects of dissolved oxygen, pH, salinity and humic acid on the release of metal ions from sedimental PbS, CuS and ZnS. (Submitted to Sci. Total Environ. on 19 Sept, 2017)*
- Ding-Quan Ng, Che-Yu Chen, Yi-Pin Lin. Galvanic corrosion between lead and stainless steel coupling in drinking water distribution systems. (Submitted to Corrosion Sci. on 31 July, 2017)*
- Ding-Quan Ng, Yen-Lin Tseng, Yeng-Fong Shih, Hong-Yuan Lian, Yi-Hsiuan Yu. Synthesis of novel phase change microcapsules and its application in battery modules. (Accepted in Polymer on October 16, 2017) (SCI, EI)
- Chun-Wei Chiang, Ding-Quan Ng, Yi-Pin Lin, Pei-Jen Chen. Dissolved organic matter or salts change the bioavailability processes and toxicity of the nanoscale tetravalent lead corrosion product PbO2 to medaka fish. Environ. Sci. Technol. (Published on September 20, 2016) (SCI, EI)
- Ding-Quan Ng, Yi-Pin Lin. Evaluation of lead release in a simulated lead-free premise plumbing system using a sequential sampling approach. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health (Accepted on February 23, 2016) (SCI)
- Ding-Quan Ng, Yi-Pin Lin. Effects of pH value, chloride and sulfate concentrations on galvanic corrosion between lead and copper in drinking water. Environ. Chem. 2015, DOI: 10.1071/EN15156. (Published on November 23, 2015) (SCI)
- Ding-Quan Ng, Timothy J. Strathmann, Yi-Pin Lin. Role of orthophosphate as a corrosion inhibitor in chloraminated solutions containing tetravalent lead corrosion product (PbO2). Environ. Sci. Technol., 2012, 46 (20), pp 11062-11069 (Published on September 7, 2012) (SCI, EI)
- Yuanyuan Zhang, Ding-Quan Ng, Yi-Pin Lin. Iodide-assisted total lead measurement and determination of different lead fractions in drinking water samples. J. Environ. Monit., 2012, 14, pp 1846-1852 (Published on May 23, 2012)
* unpublished work
- Ding-Quan Ng, Che-Yu Chen, Yi-Pin Lin. Lead as a legendary pollutant with emerging concern: galvanic corrosion between lead and stainless steel coupling in drinking water distribution systems. 3rd International Conference on Emerging Contaminant (Emcon forum), Kaohsiung, Taiwan, October 20, 2017.
- Ding-Quan Ng, Shu-Wei Liu, Yi-Pin Lin. Lead as a legendary pollutant with emerging concern: survey of lead in tap water in an old campus building. 3rd International Conference on Emerging Contaminant (Emcon forum), Kaohsiung, Taiwan, October 19, 2017.
- Che-Yu Chen, Ding-Quan Ng, Yi-Pin Lin. Galvanic corrosion between lead and stainless steel in drinking water distribution systems. IWA-Aspire, Beijing, China, September 23, 2015.
- Ding-Quan Ng, Yi-Pin Lin. Lead release in simulated premise drinking water distribution systems. IWA-YWP, Taipei, Taiwan, December 9, 2014.
- Ding-Quan Ng, Yi-Pin Lin. Galvanic corrosion in drinking water. New contaminants emerging in drinking water and waste water. IWA, Busan, South Korea, September 19, 2012.
- Yao Chu, Ding-Quan Ng, Shan-Li Wang, and Pei-Jen Chen. The change in valence state of nanoscale tetravalent lead dioxide PbO2 in dosing water and organs of medaka fish after uptake. ICOBTE, Fukuoka, Japan, July 13, 2015.
Reviewer for the following journals/conferences:
1. Science of the Total Environment
2. Corrosion Science
3. Journal of Nutrition and Diabetes Research
4. International Aquatic Research
5. IWA World Water Congress & Exhibition
Associate Editor-in-Chief for the International Journal of Applied Science and Engineering (IJASE)
105年度 朝陽科技大學 特殊教育推行委員會 委員
2009 - FYP Research Poster Competition – Excellence Award
2009 – 2013 – NUS Research Scholarship
2016 – 105年度獎勵科技大學及技術學院教學卓越計畫補助經費辦理特殊優秀人才彈性薪資核給
Ministry of Science and Technology, R.O.C
MOST-106-2218-E-324-001 (Feb 2017 – Jan 2018)
Investigation of lead contamination and practicability of stainless steel pipes as a replacement for lead service pipes in drinking water distribution systems